Do you knoe that you can check BVN online or using your mobile device ?In this article, you will find out the best way to do that. Before you learn how to check your BVN online or via phone , let’s find out what exactly BVN is.
To check your bvn online or on any network at all(MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile) just dial *565*0# but before then, read this Information guide on this page.
What Is BVN
BVN which stands for Bank Verification Number is an 11 digit number. The BVN serves as your universal ID in all the banks or financial institutions in the country.
BVN came up when the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) implemented its cashless policy. One of the reasons for BVN was to curb all forms of financial fraud and theft. In Addition, BVN also enables you carry out transactions at any point of banking operations.
The Benefits Of BVN in Nigeria
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank).
- Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access.
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus cut exposure to fraud.
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers.
- Reduce queue in Banking Halls.
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations.
- The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Nigerian Banks.
Now that you know what BVN is and the importance,let get to the main topic which is how to check BVN online or via mobile phone .
How to check your BVN online
So the question you’re actually asking is how do I check my BVN online?
Well, it’s quite straightforward.
All you have to do is to simply dial *565*0# using the mobile phone you used for your account registration. But it comes at a cost. You will be charged N20
If you’re yet to register you’ll receive this information, “Sorry your number is not enrolled on the BVN platform. Thank you for using BVN service. You have been charged N20 for this service.”
In this case you can register by following the steps below;
- Enter any Nigerian bank of your choice
- Request and fill the BVN enrolment form
- Submit the form
- Your biometric data will be taken i.e facial, thumb print
- You will be given an acknowledgement slip with a transaction ID
- Within 24 hours you’ll receive your BVN
Apart from the code *565*0#, some banks also have their specific shortcodes to allow their customers check their BVN on their phone. For instance, if you’re a GTBank customer, you can dial *737*6*1# to check your BVN.
Thats it for checking BVN Online, check out other banking services and related information here. Feel free to share this post if you find it useful.